Skip to content
Ten Facts You Probably Don’t Know
- The largest muscle in your body is your bum (well, the gluteus maximus muscle, to be more exact)!
- 25% of your bones are located in your feet.
- Romance in the gym? A study conducted by Nuffield Health found that of their 2000 participants, 10.5% of members actually live with someone they met at the gym.
- Runners stretching before running can burn 5% fewer calories than those who do not.
- Swimming can reduce the mortality rate in males at least by a half.
- Exercisers could enhance their own performance by about 15% if they listen to music whilst working out.
- People who exercise outdoors burn more fat than those training inside.
- It takes twice as long to lose muscle as it does to build it, muscle builds fast.
- Sleep is the most important factor is fat burning.
- Many athletes and Olympic gold medallists have flat feet.