Bring Your Abs And Enjoy The Summer Sun - 5 Simple Exercises
Here is our ambassador Lilly Curtis really showing us how it’s done in the gym, working on her abs and strengthening her core.
But you may not always find the time to go to the gym, with busy schedules and family commitments occasionally keeping you away from exercising. But that’s no excuse!
You can exercise your abs sat at your desk, watching tv or doing your every day chores!
These 5 easy exercises you can do to strengthen your abdominal core muscles. Just make sure your chair hasn’t got wheels!
1) Do modified ab crunches whilst sitting on a chair – slightly recline backwards, with your hands behind your head and type in your apps as you return to sitting position. Keep your core engaged.
2) Target your obliques by putting one hand on the back of your hand, extend the opposite arm out in front of you and bend to the side. Squeeze through your obliques, or side ab muscles, to pull yourself back to the starting position.
3) Perform Russian twists by turning yourself sideways on your chair so that your back isn’t in the way. Engaging your abs and core, lean back as far as you can without losing control or arching your back and rotate.
4) Tighten and pull your abs towards your back to engage your core muscles and gently tilt back from the waist, with your legs over the side of the seat. Do leg lifts quickly, which can help further define your abs.
5) Run with knee tucks by sitting up tall on the front half of your chair. Hold onto either side for added stability and lean back slightly. Bring your right knee towards your chest and then lower it as you raise your left knee up.