Could Be World Cup Winners - Flexing Their Muscles...
Can England flex their champion muscles, and go on to beat Belgium in their next match on Thursday? We’re cheering them on to World Cup success!
- Muscles, strength and ability have been talked about quite a bit in the football community recently, but here are some ‘muscle’ facts you might not of heard…
- Muscle is three times more efficient at burning calories than fat.
- Human body has more than 650 muscles.
- Your heart is the strongest muscle of your body and beats about 100,000 times in one day, in an average adult.
- Almost half human body’s weight is made up from one of three types of muscle tissue.
- Did you know that for every 1lb of muscle you gain, your body burns an extra 50 calories per day.
- A muscle moves by contracting and by its motion, you move. As a machine for moving, a muscle is pretty efficient, using about 35 to 50% of its potential energy.
- Each muscle fibre is thinner than a human hair and can support up to 1,000 times its weight.
- Carry a pair of hands weights as you walk – this will tone your muscles and burn extra calories.
- If all 600 muscles in your body pulled in one direction, you could lift 25 tons.
- Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end.