Losing Stubborn Body Fat - Cardio Workouts
Losing stubborn body fat and getting into the best shape possible requires some cardio - or aerobic - exercise.
It’s also a natural way to lift your mood, improve your memory, and protect your brain against the decline that comes with ageing.
All forms of aerobic training will provide many similar benefits, while high intensity and low intensity methods (although both within the so-called fat burning aerobic zone) have benefits specific to their respective functions.
But you don’t need a gym membership when it comes to training, you just need to get moving! Here are some of the ways cardio exercise can get your heart pumping and sweat flowing, which is a boost for our brains as well as our bodies:
- Walking - burns 300-400 calories per hour
- Running - burns around 600 calories per hour
- Cycling - burns around 600 calories per hour
- Rowing - burns around 840 calories per hour
- Swimming - burns around 600 calories per hour
- Jumping Rope - burns over 1000 calories per hour
- HIIT - burns around 8-12 calories per minute