Stuart Tickner - Elite Body Squad Athlete
Insta - stuart_tickner
My name is Stuart Tickner and I'm 37 years old.
I started lifting because I wanted to improve myself but mainly to build my self-confidence both physically and mentally.
I study a martial art called Guba Doce Pares and I’m a 3rd degree black belt instructor. I was proud to be on the GB squad for several years where I held British, European, and World Titles, but none of this came easy to me.
I had to work my butt off for it and that is what I loved about it - the harder you work to reach your goals, the better it feels when you finally achieve it.
My Goals and top Tips
* Set yourself a goal and just go for it, don't think about it and just do it.
* To build muscle check your diet, and eat a LOT, but educate yourself and make sure you eat the right food.
* Don't be afraid to ask for help and advice. It's not a weakness, it's a strength!
* Add in some body weight drills at the end of your workout. They are great to finish with to build strength.
* Finally and most importantly, check your ego and leave it in the locker room, it's only yourself that will ultimately lose out!